Adani Power Q3 net consolidated loss widens to Rs 619 cr
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
The power producer expects to increase its generation capacity from current level of about 5,320 MW to 10,000 MW by the end of 2013.
Adani Power Chairman Gautam Adani said the domestic outlook for the power sector seems set to improve.
This would on the back of "recent policy measures like PMO direction to sign Fuel Supply Agreement and to work on coal-pooling mechanism, debt restructuring of state electricity boards, rail links for coal evacuation, etc, he added.
"We see these steps as clear indication of the importance attached to this vital sector and boost for more investment under the 12th Five Year Plan," Adani said.
Meanwhile, the company's board today approved re-appointment of Rajesh S Adani as a Managing Director of the company for a period five years starting from April 1, 2013, according to a regulatory filing.
Shares of Adani Power dropped nearly four per cent to Rs 61.25 in late afternoon trade on the BSE.
Stocks More on Adani Power