Adarsh Society scam chief promoter Kanhaiyalal Gidwani dies
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- John Kerry refuses to comment on Narendra Modi visa issue
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
Former Congress legislator Kanhaiyalal Gidwani, who was charge sheeted in the Adarsh Society scam, died here today following a brief illness.
Gidwani, 64, was undergoing treatment at the Breach Candy Hospital here and died due to a heart ailment, family sources said
He was the chief promoter of the controversial Adarsh Society in Colaba and had also worked as spokesperson of the Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee.