Adarsh Society scam chief promoter Kanhaiyalal Gidwani dies
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Former Congress legislator Kanhaiyalal Gidwani, who was charge sheeted in the Adarsh Society scam, died here today following a brief illness.
Gidwani, 64, was undergoing treatment at the Breach Candy Hospital here and died due to a heart ailment, family sources said
He was the chief promoter of the controversial Adarsh Society in Colaba and had also worked as spokesperson of the Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee.