Additional sessions judge suspended
- Submarine mishaps: Navy had raised alarm with PMO, Defence Ministry
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy sent to police custody till March 4
- Petrol price hiked by 60 paise per litre, diesel by 50 paise
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- IPL betting probe: Senior Tamil Nadu cop suspended for violation of 'conduct rules'
A month after it suspended a judge in Beed district for decisions that "lacked sensitivity" in cases of illegal sex-determination and female feoticide, Bombay High Court (HC) ordered Tuesday the same treatment for ad-hoc district judge-1 and additional sessions judge T G Bansod, Amravati, following written complaints and allegations of corruption.
This is the third case since November 2012 in which the disciplinary authority of HC has taken action against sitting judges of subordinate judiciary.
In November last year, the court had transferred chief judicial magistrate and judicial magistrate first class R G Bagade from Palghar to Jalgaon.
The magistrate had sent two girls booked for posting a comment on Facebook criticising Mumbai shutdown after the death of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray to judicial custody.
Last month, HC placed S T Mahajan, district judge-1 and additional sessions judge, Ambejogai in Beed district.
As per the order issued by registrar general S B Shukre on February 8, chief justice Mohit Shah and the disciplinary authority of HC suspended Bansod under Maharashtra Civil Services (Discipline and Appeal) Rules, 1979.
There were complaints of corruption against Bansod and his "general reputation" too was under a cloud. The disciplinary committee has placed him under suspension while the allegations are being examined.
The order of suspension states Bansod will have to stay put in Amravati and shall not leave Amravati without the permission of the principal judge of the district.
The order also restrains Bansod from accepting private employment or carrying out business while under suspension. He is, however, entitled to a subsistence allowance and dearness allowance.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past