Adele buys mother 600,000 pound house?
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
Singer Adele has reportedly bought her mother a 600,000 pound apartment to say thanks for helping her become a star.
Penny Adkins, who brought up her daughter alone in a cramped flat above a shop in North London, held down two jobs while encouraging Adele to become one of the biggest-selling artists in the world, reported Mirror Online.
But Adele's devotion to Penny, 44, is in stark contrast to her relationship with estranged dad Mark Evans, 49, who admitted he had been "a rotten father".
Adele, 24, who gave birth to a son in October, has a property portfolio of at least 10 million pound.
The 'Skyfall' singer, currently renting a house in Beverly Hills, also has a 5.6 million pound property in the same area of North London, a 2.5 million pound house in Brighton and a 1.1 million pound apartment in South West London.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy