Adele buys mother 600,000 pound house?
- SC stays Teesta Setalvad's arrest till Friday
- Arvind Kejriwal meets PM Modi, raises issue of statehood
- We moved from politics of agitation to politics of hope, says Yogendra Yadav
- After Modi's rap, BJP workers shelve NaMo temple project in Rajkot
- Nitish parades his numbers, Bihar Governor calls Manjhi for floor test
Singer Adele has reportedly bought her mother a 600,000 pound apartment to say thanks for helping her become a star.
Penny Adkins, who brought up her daughter alone in a cramped flat above a shop in North London, held down two jobs while encouraging Adele to become one of the biggest-selling artists in the world, reported Mirror Online.
But Adele's devotion to Penny, 44, is in stark contrast to her relationship with estranged dad Mark Evans, 49, who admitted he had been "a rotten father".
Adele, 24, who gave birth to a son in October, has a property portfolio of at least 10 million pound.
The 'Skyfall' singer, currently renting a house in Beverly Hills, also has a 5.6 million pound property in the same area of North London, a 2.5 million pound house in Brighton and a 1.1 million pound apartment in South West London.