Adele overtakes Oasis on UK's all-time album sales list
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
British soul sensation Adele's year is ending on a high as she has overtaken Oasis in the list of best-selling UK albums.
The 'Chasing Pavements' hitmaker's second record '21' pushed out Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' earlier this year to land in the fifth place on the countdown, and now she has gone one better and bagged fourth position, reported Contactmusic.
The star's album has sold 4,562,000 copies, edging out Oasis' 'What's The Story-Morning Glory?', which has sales figures of 4,555,000, according to bosses at the Official Charts Company.
The 24-year-old singer clinched six Grammy awards in 2012, equalling the maximum number to be won by a female artist in a single night.