Adele won't release another album for years
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Grammy winner Adele will not release a new album for quite some time, according to her record label.
The 24-year-old singer, who is pregnant with fiance Simon Konecki' baby, has not started work on the follow-up to her multimillion-selling second set '21' and is unlikely to return to the studio any time soon, said XL Recordings.
The music label recently registered 41.7 million pounds in profit in 2011 following the enormous success of Adele's latest album, but said that those figures will not be achievable every year, reported Showbizspy online.
"The next Adele album may not come for some years, and it is impossible to predict its likely sales. We therefore regard this year's figures as exceptional," a spokesperson for XL Recording said.
Adele's '21' has sold over 24 million copies since its release in January 2011 and helped boost XL Recordings's bank balance from 3 million pounds to 32 million pounds in a year.