Adele's Skyfall theme wins Oscar for Best Song
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Adele's Skyfall has won the Academy Award for best original song, a first for a James Bond theme.
While 007 themes have long been a beloved movie tradition, they've never before won an Oscar. Three previous Bond tunes were nominated: For Your Eyes Only, Nobody Does It Better and Live and Let Die.
The Oscar extends Adele's award show dominance, leaving only an Emmy eluding her of the major American awards. She accepted the Oscar with producer Paul Epworth, with whom she wrote the lyrics and composed the music.
Adele also performed Skyfall for the first time at the Sunday night ceremony.
The other nominees were Before My Time from Chasing Ice; Everybody Needs a Best Friend from Ted; Pi's Lullaby from Life of Pi; and "Suddenly" from Les Miserables.