Adele's Skyfall theme wins Oscar for Best Song
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
Adele's Skyfall has won the Academy Award for best original song, a first for a James Bond theme.
While 007 themes have long been a beloved movie tradition, they've never before won an Oscar. Three previous Bond tunes were nominated: For Your Eyes Only, Nobody Does It Better and Live and Let Die.
The Oscar extends Adele's award show dominance, leaving only an Emmy eluding her of the major American awards. She accepted the Oscar with producer Paul Epworth, with whom she wrote the lyrics and composed the music.
Adele also performed Skyfall for the first time at the Sunday night ceremony.
The other nominees were Before My Time from Chasing Ice; Everybody Needs a Best Friend from Ted; Pi's Lullaby from Life of Pi; and "Suddenly" from Les Miserables.