Adele's Skyfall theme wins Oscar for Best Song
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
Adele's Skyfall has won the Academy Award for best original song, a first for a James Bond theme.
While 007 themes have long been a beloved movie tradition, they've never before won an Oscar. Three previous Bond tunes were nominated: For Your Eyes Only, Nobody Does It Better and Live and Let Die.
The Oscar extends Adele's award show dominance, leaving only an Emmy eluding her of the major American awards. She accepted the Oscar with producer Paul Epworth, with whom she wrote the lyrics and composed the music.
Adele also performed Skyfall for the first time at the Sunday night ceremony.
The other nominees were Before My Time from Chasing Ice; Everybody Needs a Best Friend from Ted; Pi's Lullaby from Life of Pi; and "Suddenly" from Les Miserables.