ADF-YRF controversy affected my relationships: Kajol
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
Bollywood superstar Kajol, who has been one of the favourite actresses of Yash Raj Films with films like "Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge" and "Fanaa", says the tussle between her husband Ajay Devgn's production house and YRF affected her relationship with the latter.
"Yes, it affected my relationship. But that was a situation which had come out of ordinary. It was not a normal situation... It doesn't occur normally. It doesn't happen everyday... Hopefully, it will not happen in future again," said Kajol on the sidelines of Agenda Aaj Tak's session 'Supertar-Supermom-to Superstar'.
The controversy began when ADF filed a complaint in the Competition Commission Of India (CCI) alleging that YRF used its dominant position in the market to get maximum screens for "Jab Tak Hai Jaan", which resulted in Devgn's "Son of Sardaar" not finding enough screens.
The 38-year-old actress married Devgn at the peak of her career and currently raises two children with him but that has not affected her demand in Bollywood.
Kajol, who starred in hits like 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham' and 'My Name Is Khan' post her marriage, said she is happy to see the industry going through a positive change.
"Time has changed in the industry. It's a good time for women because people are willing to experiment now. Even our audience are bound to think and want something different. It's a fantastic time for women in the industry as directors are taking a risk with them," she said.
But she still feels that industry is being dominated by male actors.
"I agree that it's a perfect time for an actress to be in the industry but I still feel it's male dominated. You can't take away the male domination on the basis of female-oriented films doing good business in the box-office," she added.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment