ADGP pitches for cyber awareness among cops
- Excessive rains wreak havoc in several states, 81 die due to flood
- Govt, Congress in war of words ahead of all-party meet
- Malaysia seeks help in finding more possible MH370 debris
- Sushma Swaraj has committed no crime: Parrikar on Lalit Modi case
- Congress hits back at Mahesh Sharma over his 'no work, no pay' remark
Additional Director General of Police P P Pande Sunday said there was a need to educate police officers on cyber crime as cases of such crimes were going up rapidly. Speaking at a workshop in Vadodara, Pande said those handling cyber crime cases should have technical knowledge of cyber world and relevant laws. Sanjeev Shah, a city-based chartered accountant, said every day, 4,000 computers were targetted by hackers. Even in crimes like murders, computers or mobile phones were involved and hence efficient cyber cells can help crack cases early.