Adieu to queues, property registration just a click away
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
From now on, there won't be any long queues at the 20 sub-registrar offices in the city. The property buyer or seller could book the date and time online for any property transaction. Pune is one of the pilot centres for the project- eStepIn, which was launched on April 1. The last seven days have already seen 6,161 bookings. The other two centres are Mumbai and Thane.
"It has been a success and now these bookings will keep agents at bay. Moreover, the PAN and the mobile number would help us in getting the details of the individual," said a senior officer from the Inspector General of Registration and Stamps department.
In a bid to speed up the process as well as add transparency, the department has put in place estepIn, the computerised time slot booking system operational in Pune, Mumbai and Thane divisions. "All the 53 sub-registrar offices of these three divisions launched the project," said the officer.
Developed by the National Informatics Centre, the option is available on the website http://igrmaharashtra.gov.in where the property buyer/seller could click the option for online facilities. The bookings could be made and the time slot would be displyed. The IGR officers said that the applicant could take the appointment and it would be valid for 60 days.
The booking forms require the Personal Account Number (PAN) to be filled to avoid multiple registrations from a single applicant. "We also get back to the person via email if there is a change in the booking schedule," added the officer.
The process involves logging on to the site and going to the option e-stepin in online facilities. The person has to choose the token booking option, the city and date for which the token booking is to be done. Once the person double clicks the time slot below the sub-registrar office. Details can be filled and receipt button can be clicked and a printout of the receipt can be taken and carried on the date of booking.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota