Aditi adjudged best gymnast in U-12 category
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Aditi Pandey of St Stephen's School, claimed the best gymnast in the girls' U-12 category with 28.80 points on the opening day of the 39th Chandigarh State gymnastics Championship at Sector 7 Gymnasium Hall. Prabhjot Kaur of Moti Ram Arya School, Sector 27 claimed the second spot in the overall category with 24.10 points while Arshia of Bhavan Vidyalaya claimed the third spot in the overall category with 14.3 points.
Earlier in the day, Prabhjot Kaur of Moti Ram Arya School, Sector 27 claimed the top spot in the vaulting table in the Artistic U-12 girls event with 8.20 points. Aditi Pandey of St Stephen's School claimed the second spot with 6.80 points while Arshia of Bhavan Vidyalaya claimed the third spot with 6.00 points. In the Un Even bars event, Aditi Pandey of St Stephen's School claimed the top spot with 5.60 points.
Korfball Championship from Feb 9
Chandigarh: Chandigarh Korfball Association will organise Chandigarh State Korfball Championship (For juniors and seniors) from February 9 at SGGS College, Sector 26. Interested school, college and club teams can submit their entries to Dr Gurcharan Singh Gill and Kishan Kumar at the college premises.
Annual sports meet held
Chandigarh: Ryan International School, Sector 49, Chandigarh, celebrated its Annual Athletic Meet on Saturday, with students taking part in all the organised events. Harpreet Singh Dadwal, Press Secretary (MPCA & Mohali Sports Cultural Welfare Club) was the chief guest on the occasion. He stressed importance of sports in children's lives.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully