Aditi, Monique shine; Aryan fastest
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Collegian Aditi Dhumatkar gave a standout performance while winning the women's 5000 metres event, clocking 1:01:21.00 to better her own 2009 record of 1:02:41.28 on the final in the Khar Gymkhana Open Swimming Gala, hosted by Khar Gymkhana here on Sunday However, Aryan Makhija, also from Khar Gymkhana, became the fastest swimmer of the meet when he won the boys under-14 5000m swim with a timing of 1:00:41.69 secs. Monique Gandhi, another product of Khar Gymkhana,too, shared the limelight with Aditi and Aryan. Going for 5000m event in the girls under-16 category, Monique clocked 1:00:58.28 secs to better her clubmate Rujuta Bhatt's last year's timing of 1:05:02.50 secs. In the process, she outdid even the boys under-16 winner Vedant Rao (Otters), who timed 1:01:20.62 secs. Even the second-placed Aakanksha Vora, of Otter, also broke Rujuta's record. Apart from Rs 5000 to each of the winners in all the categories, all the record-breakers were richer by another Rs 2000 for their exceptional feats.
Results: WOMEN: 5000m: 1. Aditi Dhumatkar (Khar Gym) – 1:01:21.00 secs – NMR; 2. Rujuta Bhatt (Khar Gym) – 1:06:28.46; 3. Veeral Mehta (YMCA) – 1:19.45.13. MEN: 5000m : 1. Keshin Bhargava (PSP) – 1:11:02.24 secs; 2. Sshrikant Palande (PSP) – 1:`3:23.68; 3. Hardik Hunekar (MSP) – 1:13:54.35. GIRLS: U-16: 5000m: 1. Monique Gandhi (Khar Gym)- 1:00:58.28 secs- NMR; 2. Aakanksha Vora (Otters) – 1:01:35.19;- BMR; 3. Trisha Bhyimani (Khar Gym).– 1:08:01.81 secs. BOYS:U-16: 5000m: 1. Vedant Rao (Otters) – 1:01:20.62; 2. Jason Smith (Khar Gym) – 1:02:30.00; 3; Amitesh Radghav (Khar Gym) – 1:03:19.99 secs. GIRLS U-14: 5000m: 1. Neha Prasad (Khar Gym) – 1:06:41.00 secs; Proteeti Sinha (Khar Gym) – 1:09.43.28; 3. Ananya Kochhar (Otters) – 1:12:19.65. BOYS U-14: 5000m: 1. Aryan Makhija (Khar Gym) -1:00:41.69 NMR.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer