Aditya Birla Nuvo Q3 net profit up 28 pc at Rs 323 cr
- The waterway: What it takes to run India’s longest water train
- Ecuador: 7.8 magnitude earthquake strikes coast; at least 77 dead
- Nitish Kumar makes his first move: All parties must unite if BJP has to be defeated
- Gadkari’s wake-up call to Maharashtra: it’s time you spent more on irrigation
- Actions contrary to law, explain: probe panel to Hooda on Gurgaon land deals
Aditya Birla Nuvo today reported 28.05 per cent increase in its consolidated net profit at Rs 323.21 crore for the third quarter ended December 31, 2012. The company, a part of Kumar Mangalam Birla-led group, had posted a net profit of Rs 252.39 crore in the same period of the previous fiscal.
Consolidated net sales of the company rose to Rs 6,234.74 crore in the third quarter from to Rs 5,658.17 crore in the corresponding period of 2011-12, the company said in a filing to the BSE.
"Given the current economic environment, which is marked with moderation in GDP growth, high interest rates and inflation, Aditya Birla Nuvo has registered strong earnings," ABNL Managing Director Rakesh Jain said.
Shares of the company were trading at Rs 1,054 on BSE in late afternoon trade, up 0.45 per cent from its previous close.
- India has not matched Ambedkar’s poignant urgency for swift action against social apartheid
- Fate of millions of Syrian refugees depends on whether ceasefire can lead to a peace process
- India’s first rankings of higher education institutions need improvement
- Are we at the brink of a technological revolution in the field of medical research and practice?
- People of the Kashmir valley are struggling to decide their identity
- Ambedkar would be deeply ashamed of the way India has turned out