Aditya for Asian snooker
- Tamil Nadu crisis LIVE updates: Palanisami gets invite to form govt, Panneerselvam camp to move EC
- Tamil Nadu crisis: Edappadi Palanisamy invited to form government, swearing-in likely at 4.30 pm today
- In Afghanistan, families from Kerala try to build Islamic State
- ‘Pak flags anti-national’: Tough action if you obstruct us, Army chief to Valley residents
- Kaithi No. 9234: Sasikala sleeps on floor, shares cell in Bengaluru jail
Seasoned professional Aditya Mehta will represent India in the Asian Snooker Championship to be held in Doha from April 20 to 28. This is the fourth time Aditya will be competing in event, having already pocketed two silver medals from the 2008 Dubai and 2011 Indore editions.
Aditya Mehta, who just returned from the World Snooker Championship in Sheffield after reaching the second round there, is the first Indian to win a match at the World Snooker Championships, in a decade. There will be about 40 players from 15 countries participating in the Asian championships.
The winner of the event gets automatic qualification for the Professional Snooker Tour 2012-13 season. Apart from Aditya, the Indian team will also have Pankaj Advani and Kamal Chawla.Sanjay Sawant has been named as the coach of the side.
- Demand for quotas by powerful groups draws on perceptions, does injustice to truly disadvantaged
- It is time for courts to re-imagine judicial procedures and build digital solutions to fix logjam
- Governor’s role in the Tamil Nadu drama revives questions about the politicisation of the office
- Petroleum and health ministries need to push access to LPG, promote its use
- Trump’s Islamophobia will play an ominous role in reshaping the strategic map of the Middle East
- Migration helps increase world income and benefits the host country’s economy