Aditya for Asian snooker
- PM silent on One Rank One Pension, upset defence veterans plan nation-wide agitation
- Relentless heatwave continues, death toll rises to nearly 700
- 'Manmohan Singh warned me of harm if I did not cooperate on 2G issue'
- BJP MLA marshalled out of Delhi Assembly for criticising Speaker
- Bypolls to 6 seats in 5 states on June 27, Jaya to contest on one
Seasoned professional Aditya Mehta will represent India in the Asian Snooker Championship to be held in Doha from April 20 to 28. This is the fourth time Aditya will be competing in event, having already pocketed two silver medals from the 2008 Dubai and 2011 Indore editions.
Aditya Mehta, who just returned from the World Snooker Championship in Sheffield after reaching the second round there, is the first Indian to win a match at the World Snooker Championships, in a decade. There will be about 40 players from 15 countries participating in the Asian championships.
The winner of the event gets automatic qualification for the Professional Snooker Tour 2012-13 season. Apart from Aditya, the Indian team will also have Pankaj Advani and Kamal Chawla.Sanjay Sawant has been named as the coach of the side.