Administrative reshuffle in Himachal Pradesh
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
The Himachal Pradesh government Friday carried out a minor administrative reshuffle affecting responsibilities of seven IAS officers, including three of Additional Chief Secretary rank.
P Mitra, Additional Chief Secretary (Agriculture), who is holding additional charge of Fisheries Department has been given the additional charge of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj and Animal Husbandry departments.
Upma Chowdhary, Principal Secretary (Social Justice and empowerment) would be Principal Resident Commissioner at New Delhi, relieving P C Dhiman of this additional charge. A R Sihagn Principal Secretary (TCP and Housing) shall also hold the additional charge of Social Justice and Empowerment while B S Negi, Principal Secretary (Rural Development and Panchayati Raj) would takeover as Principal Secretary (Personnel, MPP and Power) relieving Deepak Sanan and Manisha Nanda of additional charge.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi