Admission for MBBS in AIIMS Rishikesh from this month
- Salman Khan gets bail, HC suspends his sentence in hit-and-run case
- MiG-27 crashes in Bengal, 2 civilians die, pilot ejects safely
- Pak military chopper crash a Taliban act, PM Nawaz Sharif was target
- Explained: How Pak Army chief holds RAW responsible for Karachi killings, Balochistan insurgency
- Greenpeace replies to govt show-cause, slams 'unfounded' claims
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh would start admission process for MBBS course from August 20 and classes will being next month.
There will be 65 seats this year, AIIMS Rishikesh Director Dr Rajkumar informed Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna during a meeting here, an official release said.
He said the AIIMS was built on a 100-acre plot and if the state government allocated 100 acres more it would facilitate extension of the institute.
The Chief Minister assured him all possible help as Uttarakhand was a hilly region and there was dire need of medical service and medical specialists.
He stressed on opening a trauma centre at AIIMS and said local youths should be given priority in enrolling staff for the institute.