Admission for MBBS in AIIMS Rishikesh from this month
- Centre slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 2; Delhi rates go up due to VAT
- PM Modi launches Skill India, says war against poverty will be won
- Indian Army says drone shot down by Pak not its
- CBI arrests Karnataka Congress MLA Anil Lad in illegal mining case
- Swati Maliwal not even remotely connected to me: Kejriwal on DCW row
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh would start admission process for MBBS course from August 20 and classes will being next month.
There will be 65 seats this year, AIIMS Rishikesh Director Dr Rajkumar informed Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna during a meeting here, an official release said.
He said the AIIMS was built on a 100-acre plot and if the state government allocated 100 acres more it would facilitate extension of the institute.
The Chief Minister assured him all possible help as Uttarakhand was a hilly region and there was dire need of medical service and medical specialists.
He stressed on opening a trauma centre at AIIMS and said local youths should be given priority in enrolling staff for the institute.