Admission for MBBS in AIIMS Rishikesh from this month
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh would start admission process for MBBS course from August 20 and classes will being next month.
There will be 65 seats this year, AIIMS Rishikesh Director Dr Rajkumar informed Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna during a meeting here, an official release said.
He said the AIIMS was built on a 100-acre plot and if the state government allocated 100 acres more it would facilitate extension of the institute.
The Chief Minister assured him all possible help as Uttarakhand was a hilly region and there was dire need of medical service and medical specialists.
He stressed on opening a trauma centre at AIIMS and said local youths should be given priority in enrolling staff for the institute.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express