Admission for MBBS in AIIMS Rishikesh from this month
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar face-off in Bihar's Nawada today
- DGCA calls SpiceJet Re 1 ticket offer malpractice, asks to stop it immediately
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile; tsunami alert issued
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh would start admission process for MBBS course from August 20 and classes will being next month.
There will be 65 seats this year, AIIMS Rishikesh Director Dr Rajkumar informed Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna during a meeting here, an official release said.
He said the AIIMS was built on a 100-acre plot and if the state government allocated 100 acres more it would facilitate extension of the institute.
The Chief Minister assured him all possible help as Uttarakhand was a hilly region and there was dire need of medical service and medical specialists.
He stressed on opening a trauma centre at AIIMS and said local youths should be given priority in enrolling staff for the institute.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies