Shakeel Ahmed's remarks: MP minister sends Advani's book to Sonia
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
Criticising the comments made by Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed that BJP veteran L K Advani should have stayed back in Pakistan to serve Hindus there, a minister in Madhya Pradesh has sent a copy Advani's book to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
While sending the copy of Advani's autobiography 'My Country My Life' to Gandhi yesterday, state industries and commerce minister Kailash Vijayawargia urged that senior Congress leaders should also read it to know Advani's true
"Shakeel Ahmed's comment is also an insult to Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, as they were also of foreign origin," the Minister said.
Ahmed's comments, made on February 3, were also criticised by the BJP which had said that this goes against all norms of propriety and decency.
"The comment made by Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmad Khan about Advani is not only condemnable but also beyond all standards of political propriety. BJP would like to ask Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi whether Khan represents the official view of their
party," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad had said on Monday.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy