Shakeel Ahmed's remarks: MP minister sends Advani's book to Sonia
- Nobody will be allowed to break India's unity, says Rajnath after Masarat's arrest
- Modi should behave like a PM, not an RSS 'pracharak': Congress
- Vehicles set ablaze in Kolkata suburb after death of councillor's brother
- Yechury says Modi's frequent foreign trips to make up for years of not being able to fly
- VIDEO: The only Indian civilian to have done aerobatics on a Sukhoi
Criticising the comments made by Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed that BJP veteran L K Advani should have stayed back in Pakistan to serve Hindus there, a minister in Madhya Pradesh has sent a copy Advani's book to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
While sending the copy of Advani's autobiography 'My Country My Life' to Gandhi yesterday, state industries and commerce minister Kailash Vijayawargia urged that senior Congress leaders should also read it to know Advani's true
"Shakeel Ahmed's comment is also an insult to Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, as they were also of foreign origin," the Minister said.
Ahmed's comments, made on February 3, were also criticised by the BJP which had said that this goes against all norms of propriety and decency.
"The comment made by Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmad Khan about Advani is not only condemnable but also beyond all standards of political propriety. BJP would like to ask Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi whether Khan represents the official view of their
party," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad had said on Monday.