Shakeel Ahmed's remarks: MP minister sends Advani's book to Sonia
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Criticising the comments made by Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed that BJP veteran L K Advani should have stayed back in Pakistan to serve Hindus there, a minister in Madhya Pradesh has sent a copy Advani's book to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
While sending the copy of Advani's autobiography 'My Country My Life' to Gandhi yesterday, state industries and commerce minister Kailash Vijayawargia urged that senior Congress leaders should also read it to know Advani's true
"Shakeel Ahmed's comment is also an insult to Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, as they were also of foreign origin," the Minister said.
Ahmed's comments, made on February 3, were also criticised by the BJP which had said that this goes against all norms of propriety and decency.
"The comment made by Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmad Khan about Advani is not only condemnable but also beyond all standards of political propriety. BJP would like to ask Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress President Sonia Gandhi whether Khan represents the official view of their
party," BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad had said on Monday.
- To attract more bidders, UT may make changes in excise policy this year
- AAP rally draws tepid response as senior leaders give it a miss
- Jaitley versus Captain: Hard fight, harder to call
- Attack on teachers, medical staff: Maoists say sorry for ‘lapse’
- Swamp of Muslim candidates may upset Congress applecart
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route