Advantage Vidarbha on Feb 25-26
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
Advantage Vidarbha, a special drive to attract large investments in industrially backward Vidarbha that was facing uncertainty due to political ego wars, will finally be held as scheduled on February 25 and 26.
Nagpur district guardian minister Shivajirao Moghe and minister of state for finance Rajendra Mulak were told so by CM Prithviraj Chavan Wednesday.
Speculation was rife if the event would be held as per schedule, with only Moghe pushing it. He is purportedly not happy with the industries ministry allegedly not supporting the event fully.
Rajya Sabha member Vijay Darda had also written to Chavan that he had long been pursuing the creation of an automobile hub at Butibori Industrial Estate near here without a tangible response.
Union heavy industries minister Praful Patel was recently quoted saying he was ready to help, provided the state offered special incentives to investors to set up projects in Vidarbha.
"Automobiles, agro-processing, textiles and tourism are the four sectors we have identified to attract investments," said divisional commissioner B Venugopal Reddy, who is chairman of the special committee to organise the event.
"Over 115 investors, 35 from outside Vidarbha, are expected at the event," he said. Asked if MoUs would be signed, Reddy said, "Yes."
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon