Afzal Guru should not be hanged: Prakash Ambedkar
- Eden to Eden, IPL Eight wonder
- Jayalalithaa announces welfare schemes worth Rs 1800 crore
- Heat wave continues to torment India; death toll rises to 368
- Will work towards abrogating Article 370 when we have numbers in Parliament: BJP
- Mathematician John Nash, who inspired 'A Beautiful Mind', killed in car crash
Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh (BBM) leader Prakash Ambedkar today said Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru should not be sent to the gallows.
"Those demanding so are right wing political parties who want to consolidate their vote bank. There is no national interest in their mind," Ambedkar told PTI today.
BBM president, who is the grandson of Dr B R Ambedkar, said hanging Afzal Guru would unite Kashmiri Separatists.
"Majority of Kashmiris want to be part of the Indian union. With Afzal Guru's hanging, they will doubt whether they will be part of a secular India," Ambedkar said, demanding a status quo on Afzal Guru be maintained.