Afzal Guru should not be hanged: Prakash Ambedkar
- Farmer’s suicide: Family lashes out at AAP, raises doubt on suicide note
- Human resource India's biggest strength: PM Modi
- Sena-BJP sweep Aurangabad civic polls, AIMIM ahead of Cong, NCP
- Call records may nail red sandalwood killings; NHRC seeks records of personnel involved
- Amit Shah rips Rahul Gandhi for 'post-leave' noises
Bharipa Bahujan Mahasangh (BBM) leader Prakash Ambedkar today said Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru should not be sent to the gallows.
"Those demanding so are right wing political parties who want to consolidate their vote bank. There is no national interest in their mind," Ambedkar told PTI today.
BBM president, who is the grandson of Dr B R Ambedkar, said hanging Afzal Guru would unite Kashmiri Separatists.
"Majority of Kashmiris want to be part of the Indian union. With Afzal Guru's hanging, they will doubt whether they will be part of a secular India," Ambedkar said, demanding a status quo on Afzal Guru be maintained.