African delegation visits CIPHET
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Around 30 researchers and scientists from African countries on Tuesday visited the Central Institute of
Post Harvest Engineering and Technology (CIPHET) for getting first-hand information regarding various activities initiated by the institute in the area of post-harvest sector and identifying various collaborative areas.
Dr P Chandra Shekhra, Director (Agricultural Extension) of National Institute of Extension Management, Hyderabad, was leading the delegation from Liberia, Kenya and Malawi.
Addressing the scientists, officiating director Dr P R Bhatnagar said the delegation enquired about contribution of the institute in the post-harvest sector and recent achievements.
Dr Shekhra said the delegation's visit became possible following a treaty between the United States, India and African countries for ensuring food security in African countries.
DAV bags 23 prizes in Maths Olympiad
Brainex Education, under its MAX MATHS programme, recently organised a `Maths Olympiad' called 'Math-e-Magician' across Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana and Himachal. The examination, which was organised over two rounds, saw participation of 6,500 students from different schools of the region, in categories A, B, C, D and E. In the final round (Round 2) of the exam, 570 students competed. DAV Public School, Ludhiana, won 23 prizes in all.