Afridi, Razzaq not in ODI squad for India tour
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7: CSK register 93-run victory over hapless DD
The Pakistani selectors had a number of surprises in store for the cricket community today when they announced the squads for the series in India.
Pakistan tours India from December 22 to play five matches to mark the first bilateral series between the two countries since 2007.
"We have our eyes on the 2015 World Cup and other ICC events and we have to start building for the future that is why we have recalled younger players," chief selector, Iqbal Qasim said.
He made it clear that the selection was done on merit keeping in mind recent performances and fitness of players.
He said young left-arm spinner, Reza Hasan was not considered for the tour since he has a back injury.
The injury to Hasan has opened the doors for rookie spinner, Zulfiqar Baber who has been impressive in the recent first-class Presidents Trophy and national T20 championship and has been picked in both squads.
The selectors have also included another rookie pacer, Asad Ali for the T20 matches while recalling pacers Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Irfan and Anwar Ali and batsmen, Ahmed Shahzad and Umar Amin for the two series.
Pakistan T20 squad: Mohammad Hafeez (Capt), Nasir Jamshed, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Umar Amin, Shoaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Irfan, Junaid Khan, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Asad Ali, Zulfiqar Babar, Ahmad Shahzad.
ODI squad: Nasir Jamshed, Mohammad Hafeez, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq (Capt), Harris Sohail, Kamran Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Umar Gul, Zulfiqar Babar, Imran Farhat, Umar Akmal, Anwar Ali.
- Being the humans of Bombay
- Mere pass space hai
- A ‘woman Modi’ seeks votes for Mulayam Singh’s party in Indore
- They refused to vote because of Kalyan, vow to turn out now and shut his son out
- Ex-Ulfa leader upsets equations in Bodo bastion Kokrajhar
- In Maharashtra, Muslims bitter but see few options beyond Cong