Afridiís batting is so bad now, itís embarrassing: Geoffrey Boycott
- Vasundhara Raje rubbishes allegations of favouring Lalit Modi, documents claim she testified for his immigration
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for Ramzan
- EC suspends recognition of PA Sangma-led National People’s Party
- Sushma-Lalit row: Congress questions Modi's continued silence
- BJP not to announce CM candidate in Bihar, will contest on Modi's name
Former England cricketer Geoffrey Boycott is the latest player to join the bandwagon of critics condemning Shahid Afridi's recent plunge in his performance.
"His batting is so bad now, it's embarrassing. He can't think, he can't judge the length, and he's just a swiper of the ball. It's appalling to watch him bat," The Dawn quoted Boycott, as saying.
"He bats like a tail-ender. It must be frustrating as hell, exasperating, annoying, to all his supporters, his friends, his captain," Boycott added.
Despite that, he believes the all-rounder is a threat to the opposition with the ball but is wasted as a batsman.
"Whatever his faults, he still has some talent as a bowler. And I still love him. But it is totally exasperating and somebody needs to get hold of him. Whether it's too late, I don't know. But he's wasted an enormous talent at batting," Boycott further said.
Afridi's dreadful performance at the World Twenty20, during which he scored just 30 runs in five innings and took only four wickets in six matches, has attracted much criticism from former players and fans.