Afridiís batting is so bad now, itís embarrassing: Geoffrey Boycott
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan over controversial remarks
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga breaks solid stand, cleans up Pandey for 64
Former England cricketer Geoffrey Boycott is the latest player to join the bandwagon of critics condemning Shahid Afridi's recent plunge in his performance.
"His batting is so bad now, it's embarrassing. He can't think, he can't judge the length, and he's just a swiper of the ball. It's appalling to watch him bat," The Dawn quoted Boycott, as saying.
"He bats like a tail-ender. It must be frustrating as hell, exasperating, annoying, to all his supporters, his friends, his captain," Boycott added.
Despite that, he believes the all-rounder is a threat to the opposition with the ball but is wasted as a batsman.
"Whatever his faults, he still has some talent as a bowler. And I still love him. But it is totally exasperating and somebody needs to get hold of him. Whether it's too late, I don't know. But he's wasted an enormous talent at batting," Boycott further said.
Afridi's dreadful performance at the World Twenty20, during which he scored just 30 runs in five innings and took only four wickets in six matches, has attracted much criticism from former players and fans.