After 3 sisters' rape-murder, another minor raped in Bhandara
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Another rape of a minor was reported in Bhandara Friday.
A schoolgirl was allegedly lured by her teacher Tuesday and taken on his a bike to the house of an acquaintance, where he allegedly raped her.
Superintendent of police Arti Singh said, "Family of the girl lodged a complaint today. We have arrested the teacher, Yadav Borkar (45). He has been remanded in police custody. The girl from Baleti village in Lakhandur tehsil is an 8th standard student at a zilla parishad school. She was waiting at a bus stop at Pachgaon when the teacher lured her.
"Asked if friend of Borkar was at home when the incident happened, she said, 'Apparently, yes. He told the teacher to go ahead with his plan'."
Meanwhile, there is no progress yet in the probe into the rape and murder of three sisters at Murmadi village in the district. "It is surprising nobody from the village saw the girls being taken away," Singh said.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.