After 65 years of independence, is there anything to celebrate? Jethmalani
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Observing that the country was facing "troubled times," senior BJP leader and Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani called for concerted efforts transcending all differences to fight the situation.
"After 65 years of independence, is there anything to celebrate? We are worse than what we were ever before. The well-placed forget the miserable life millions of people live and the malnutrition and the miserable conditions in slums," he said.
In his address at the Silver Jubilee celebrations of the Sindhi Chamber of Commerce here, Jethmalani also called for more contribution from the community towards achieving the goal.
"We have to fight this state of affairs, transcending all differences, including caste and religion.. these are troubled times and you don't have to be guided by caste and religion differences," he said adding every Sindhi was naturally endowed with secularism.
He urged the Sindhis to reflect upon their rich tradition and history.
The veteran lawyer also said he was a "friend of your chief minister (J Jayalalithaa)."