After a year’s absence, Nico Hulkenberg back in Force India colours
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi files nomination, says he didn't get personal with Narendra Modi
German driver Nico Hulkenberg will return to Sahara Force India in the Formula One Championships next year after agreeing a multi-year deal, the F1 team said.
Hulkenberg raced for Sahara Force India in 2012 before moving to Sauber this season. "Sahara Force India is delighted to confirm that Nico Hulkenberg will return to Sahara Force India in 2014 after agreeing a multi-year deal," the F1 team said in a release.
"The 26-year-old is no stranger to Sahara Force India having spent 2011 and 2012 seasons with the team. The already strong working relationship will ensure a smooth transition as the team moves into new era of Formula One," it said.
Sahara Force India, who ran Scot Paul Di Resta and Adrian Sutil this season, said they would announce their full driver line-up for next year "in due course".
"Sahara Force India's full 2014 driver line-up will be announced in due course," it said.
Hulkenberg said he was happy to re-join the team. "I am happy to come back to Sahara Force India. The team is aiming high for next year and I believe the experience I have gained over the years will help us achieve those goals. I genuinely believe we can have a competitive package in 2014.
"I've heard a lot of positive things about the Mercedes engine as well, so I think there is a lot to be excited about for next year. I know this team and I can see their determination; it¿s a great bunch of people and we all share the same hunger for success," he said.
Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director, said, "I'm delighted to see Nico back with Sahara Force India. When he drove for us in 2012, Nico was an exceptional talent and he has continued to impress everyone in the paddock with his strong performances this season.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit