After Anupam Kher, Amitabh Bachchan, Madhavan joins the Hollywood bandwagon
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
After Anupam Kher (Silver Linings Playbook) and Amitabh Bachchan (The Great Gatsby), R Madhavan is the latest Bollywood actor to join the Hollywood bandwagon with producer Simon West's horror remake of 1968 film Night of the Living Dead.
The 3D reboot, directed by Zebediah De Soto, is a reimagining of George A Romero's hit black-and-white movie. It revolves around a group of survivors fighting to stay alive when a mysterious plague unleashes the undead on New York City.
Madhavan, 43, will join actors like Danielle Harris, Tom Sizemore, Tony Todd, Alona Tal, Sarah Habel and Bill Moseley.
"It's a great introduction to American Cinema, working with Simon West and his team. He's made and continues to make some of the most exciting and thrilling films out of Hollywood. I am honored to be working alongside him. I am also thrilled to be in this 3D re-imagining of the cult-classic Night of The Living Dead," Madhavan said a statement.
The film will be produced by Simon West Productions and The Graphic Film Company in association with 2020 Entertainment and Indus Media and Entertainment.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words