After Anupam Kher, Amitabh Bachchan, Madhavan joins the Hollywood bandwagon
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
After Anupam Kher (Silver Linings Playbook) and Amitabh Bachchan (The Great Gatsby), R Madhavan is the latest Bollywood actor to join the Hollywood bandwagon with producer Simon West's horror remake of 1968 film Night of the Living Dead.
The 3D reboot, directed by Zebediah De Soto, is a reimagining of George A Romero's hit black-and-white movie. It revolves around a group of survivors fighting to stay alive when a mysterious plague unleashes the undead on New York City.
Madhavan, 43, will join actors like Danielle Harris, Tom Sizemore, Tony Todd, Alona Tal, Sarah Habel and Bill Moseley.
"It's a great introduction to American Cinema, working with Simon West and his team. He's made and continues to make some of the most exciting and thrilling films out of Hollywood. I am honored to be working alongside him. I am also thrilled to be in this 3D re-imagining of the cult-classic Night of The Living Dead," Madhavan said a statement.
The film will be produced by Simon West Productions and The Graphic Film Company in association with 2020 Entertainment and Indus Media and Entertainment.
"This movie represents a whole new way of visualizing the classic zombie genre. It has a fresh and exciting style that sets it apart from all other horror films seen up until now," said West, who has produced action hits Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Con Air and Black Hawk Down.