After creating synergy, Destination IT at North concludes
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The two-day 'Destination IT at North' event concluded here on Friday.
Speaking about the event, Prerna Puri , Secretary IT, Chandigarh Administration, said, "The local IT players and budding entrepreneurs learnt from the best practices and experiences of globally renowned leaders on how to expand their businesses. They got a chance to interact with officials of Punjab Government and UT Administration."
She said that the event helped create synergy "bet ween all stakeholders to build the right information communication and technology (ICT) ecosystem and enhance industry-academia bonding to transform the region into an lCT hub."
Various local ICT entrepreneurs and heads of IT companies from the region hwo attended the conference shared their feedback with the government at the conclave.
Speaking on the occasion, Senior Director, HR, India and Japan Operations, QuarkXPress Publishing R&D (India), Sofi Zahoor, said, "The Chandigarh city has a brand premium attached to it."
Sameer Goel, Chairman, CII Chandigarh council, said that one of the new aspects of Destination IT was the consultation clinics wherein top industry leaders, venture capitalists and funding agencies addressed the challenges and concerns of the IT entrepreneurs from the region. They got solutions to a lot of their queries.