After creating synergy, Destination IT at North concludes
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
The two-day 'Destination IT at North' event concluded here on Friday.
Speaking about the event, Prerna Puri , Secretary IT, Chandigarh Administration, said, "The local IT players and budding entrepreneurs learnt from the best practices and experiences of globally renowned leaders on how to expand their businesses. They got a chance to interact with officials of Punjab Government and UT Administration."
She said that the event helped create synergy "bet ween all stakeholders to build the right information communication and technology (ICT) ecosystem and enhance industry-academia bonding to transform the region into an lCT hub."
Various local ICT entrepreneurs and heads of IT companies from the region hwo attended the conference shared their feedback with the government at the conclave.
Speaking on the occasion, Senior Director, HR, India and Japan Operations, QuarkXPress Publishing R&D (India), Sofi Zahoor, said, "The Chandigarh city has a brand premium attached to it."
Sameer Goel, Chairman, CII Chandigarh council, said that one of the new aspects of Destination IT was the consultation clinics wherein top industry leaders, venture capitalists and funding agencies addressed the challenges and concerns of the IT entrepreneurs from the region. They got solutions to a lot of their queries.
- Khushpreet murder: Court holds 3 accused guilty
- Youth shot at, bullet still lodged in body
- Anti-incumbency strong, Akali SOS to BJP: send Modi
- Ahmedabad ‘dressmaker’ has designs on Modi’s style
- RSS launches statewide campaign for 100% turnout, no mention of Modi
- Movie on Modi released statewide, Cong cries foul