After enthralling farmers, mela draws to a close
- SC orders completion of trial of all sitting MPs, MLAs within year of framing charges
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
Over the two days at the Kisan Mela held at Punjab Agricultural University, which concluded on Saturday, farmers got to experience just about everything. From buying hair colour, soaps, mosquito repellents, room sprays to inspecting luxury cars, hundreds of farmers braved the hot and humid weather to be part of the mela.
While the crowd gathered a Tyre company's stall to check out the tyres used in the film Jatt and Juliet, the craze and passion for tractors amongst Punjab's farmers was in full display. "A tractor standing in one home is an object of pride," said Sarabjeet Singh a farmer from Moga who claims to have tried every tractor on display.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress