After Federer and Beckham, Dhoni launches his own perfume
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni joined the likes of Roger Federer and David Beckham when he launched his own signature brand of international perfumes at an event here.
Dhoni became the first Indian cricketer to launch his line of fragrances named '7 By MS Dhoni' because the cricketer's lucky number is 7.
In an event held last night at the Al Joharah Ballroom in Madinat Jumeirah, the Indian skipper launched a collection of six body sprays and perfumes.
The six fragrances are named Intense, Power, Action, Connect, Cool and Energy. The collection of perfumes is based on his own choice of fragrances.
"I was born on the 7th of July in 1981, my jersey number is seven, and thus number seven is very special for me. I love the number 7," said Dhoni.
"It is a neutral number, it is neither negative or positive so that means the (fragrance) can reflect you. If you are positive and you work hard then it will all be positive for you," he added.
When asked if the names of his six fragrances were cricket shots, what would they be, Dhoni replied, "You can't miss the helicopter shot because that is what people associate me with but I think most of the fragrances would be a straight drive or a cover drive, shots like those, orthodox, but one of them would be the helicopter shot."
"It's not my favourite but I like my 'Energy' perfume and I think it's a bit special, so that would be the helicopter shot," he said.
Rhiti Sports Management, the firm that manages Dhoni's business portfolio, has partnered with Dubai-based Beauty Contact to launch the men's fragrances range in the global market.
Beauty Contact is acknowledged as the name behind the success of top celebrity fragrance brands in over 20 countries, including those of Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, Perry Ellis, Maria Sharapova, Alfred Sung, Hummer and Bob Mackie.
- Treasure trove: Amicus points finger at temple ‘highest echelons’
- Ramdev ‘goes live’ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Vishwas, Cong worker booked
- Kanpur’s Muslim vote is for betterment, not to stop BJP
- Don’t name next Army Chief before May 16, BJP tells govt
- ‘Opposition conspiring to kill me’