After four failures, Gautam Gambhir scores hundred against Gloucestershire
- Narendra Modi to contest from Varanasi, Rajnath from Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
Gautam Gambhir roared back to form with a fine century for Essex against Gloucestershire in a Division II County Championship match.
After four successive failures at the start including a duck in the first innings of this match, the Delhi left-hander showed glimpses of his old self with a delightful knock at the County Ground.
This is Gautam Gambhir's first century in county cricket and 34th first-class century of his career.
Rssex were 191 for no loss in their second innings at tea with Gautam Gambhir batting on an even 100 off 144 balls with 11 boundaries and a big six. He reached his century off 141 balls. The 100th run came with a push off left-arm seamer David Payne.
Gautam Gambhir reached 90's with a four and a big six off medium pacer Benny Howell. Gautam Gambhir's footwork was assured from the start and he played both new ball bowlers Payne and Will Gidman with ease.
Gautam Gambhir was prepared to wait for the loose balls but also didn't lose out on opportunities to take a lot of singles to keep up the run-rate as Essex will be aiming for an outright win.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy