After GMCH reaches deal with private firm, scan centre opens
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Three days after GMCH, Sector 32, authorities and a private firm locked horns over rates at the CT scan facility in the hospital, the two reached a consensus on Monday. The GMCH 32 administration convinced the firm, which runs the CT scan facility in the hospital, to reduce the rates.
On December 21, the GMCH 32 had locked the CT scan centre on its premises after the private agency refused to bring down the rates at par with those at the Government Multi Specialty Hospital, Sector 16, thus inconveniencing patients, who had to go out for the diagnostic tests.
A compromise was reached on Monday after the private firm agreed to decrease rates by 3-10 per cent on various CT scans. The cost of CT scan in GMCH-32 will now be equal to that at GMSH Sector 16, Chandigarh.
A plain CT KUB and a plan CT will now cost Rs 975 and Rs1775 respectively. In addition, for scans which are not mentioned in the GMSH-16 CT centre list, the rates have been slashed by 5 per cent. Unlike GMSH-16, there will be no emergency charges for scans at GMCH-32.
Following the agreement, GMCH authorities opened the scan centre and will recommend, to the Administration, to extend the private firm's contract till the hospital gets its own CT scan, which is expected to be installed in the current financial year.