After Gulzar, Shobhaa De cancels visit to Karachi Literature Festival
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
Mumbai-born writer Shobhaa De has also canceled her visit to the Karachi Literature Festival (KLF).
The move comes a day after Indian poet Gulzar and film director Vishal Bhardwaj returned to India from Pakistan apparently over security fears.
According to the Express Tribune, the KLF organisers tweeted from their account that Shobhaa De cancelled because she said her visa was issued too late.
"She'd like to attend #KLF next year and we hope very much that she does," they added.
The Mumbai-born writer tweeted from her own account late on Wednesday that the delay in her visa was the main cause for her decision.
Though, she gave into some conspiracy talk speculating whether the visa was deliberately delayed, the report said.