After Gulzar, Shobhaa De cancels visit to Karachi Literature Festival
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- ICC World Twenty20: Yuvraj Singh, Ashwin make it 4/4
Mumbai-born writer Shobhaa De has also canceled her visit to the Karachi Literature Festival (KLF).
The move comes a day after Indian poet Gulzar and film director Vishal Bhardwaj returned to India from Pakistan apparently over security fears.
According to the Express Tribune, the KLF organisers tweeted from their account that Shobhaa De cancelled because she said her visa was issued too late.
"She'd like to attend #KLF next year and we hope very much that she does," they added.
The Mumbai-born writer tweeted from her own account late on Wednesday that the delay in her visa was the main cause for her decision.
Though, she gave into some conspiracy talk speculating whether the visa was deliberately delayed, the report said.
- AAP thought running government a child's play: Sonia Gandhi
- BJP complains to EC on derogatory remarks against Hema Malini on Facebook
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualfies 48 contesting candidates including ex-MP in J&K
- BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal Andhra Pradesh alliance
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians