After iPhone 5s, 5c and iPad Air, Apple Inc has 'big plans' for 2014, says, Timothy D. Cook
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Apple Inc enthusiasts across the globe are in for a treat as the iconic creator of iPhone (latest in market being the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c) smartphone and iPad tablet has "big plans" lined up for the next year, indicates Timothy D. Cook.
"We have a lot to look forward to in 2014, including some big plans that we think customers are going to love," Apple Inc CEO Tim Cook said in a letter to its employees.
Extending greetings for the Christmas and the New Year, Cook said, "This holiday season, tens of millions of people around the world, from all walks of life, are experiencing Apple products for the first time."
He expressed "pride" on the stellar performance by the California-headquartered firm in 2013.
"We introduced industry-leading products in each of our major categories in 2013, showing the breadth and depth of innovation at Apple," he said.
During the year, the company extended its leadership in the smartphone market with the launch of iPhone 5s and 5c, besides, unveiling the latest version of its operating system, iOS 7.
It also released the latest version of operating system for its PCs and servers (OS X Mavericks) free to its customers, while introducing the iPad Air and the iPad mini with Retina display.
Last week, Apple began shipping the latest version of its laptop, Mac Pro, from a manufacturing facility in Austin, Texas (the US).
In 2013, Apple App Store marked its 50 billionth download, Cook added.
"Together we've shown the world that innovation at Apple goes beyond our products to the way we do business... I consider myself the luckiest person in the world for the opportunity to work at this amazing company with all of you," he said.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'