After KamaSutra condoms, Raymonds enters energy drink space
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
Textile firm Raymonds' consumer good brand KamaSutra forayed into the energy drink category, where it is eyeing 20 per cent market share in the next two years.
"We wanted the energy drink, KS E Drink, launched in a different space. We have positioned it differently. Everybody else is in the sporting arena. We believe there is a huge market for this because the brand identity of KamaSutra and the opportunity to scale that up is huge," Raymond Chairman and MD Gautam Singhania told reporters after the launch.
Raymonds has two consumer goods brands under the KamaSutra label - KS Condoms and KS Deodorant. A 250-ml KS energy drink comes in two flavours - X-Fruit and X-Berry - and the product is priced at Rs 95.
The company is eyeing 20 per cent market share in the Rs 200-crore energy drinks market that is growing at 33 per cent.
"Our objective is to get 20 per cent market share in this category in the next two years," JK Ansell Director and Business Head Ranju Kumar Mohan said.
JK Ansell is an equal joint venture between Raymond Group and Australia's Ansell International and markets Raymond's consumer goods brands.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18