After KamaSutra condoms, Raymonds enters energy drink space
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Textile firm Raymonds' consumer good brand KamaSutra forayed into the energy drink category, where it is eyeing 20 per cent market share in the next two years.
"We wanted the energy drink, KS E Drink, launched in a different space. We have positioned it differently. Everybody else is in the sporting arena. We believe there is a huge market for this because the brand identity of KamaSutra and the opportunity to scale that up is huge," Raymond Chairman and MD Gautam Singhania told reporters after the launch.
Raymonds has two consumer goods brands under the KamaSutra label - KS Condoms and KS Deodorant. A 250-ml KS energy drink comes in two flavours - X-Fruit and X-Berry - and the product is priced at Rs 95.
The company is eyeing 20 per cent market share in the Rs 200-crore energy drinks market that is growing at 33 per cent.
"Our objective is to get 20 per cent market share in this category in the next two years," JK Ansell Director and Business Head Ranju Kumar Mohan said.
JK Ansell is an equal joint venture between Raymond Group and Australia's Ansell International and markets Raymond's consumer goods brands.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed