After KamaSutra condoms, Raymonds enters energy drink space
- RBI Governor: From Rao and Singh to Modi, why Urjit Patel was a favourite
- Targeting NSCN(K) camp, Indian Army troops entered Myanmar
- J&K: Infiltration bid along LoC foiled, three militants killed in Kupwara
- Punjab: Gau Raksha Dal chief Satish Kumar arrested
- Turkey: 30 killed, 94 hurt in bomb attack at wedding
Textile firm Raymonds' consumer good brand KamaSutra forayed into the energy drink category, where it is eyeing 20 per cent market share in the next two years.
"We wanted the energy drink, KS E Drink, launched in a different space. We have positioned it differently. Everybody else is in the sporting arena. We believe there is a huge market for this because the brand identity of KamaSutra and the opportunity to scale that up is huge," Raymond Chairman and MD Gautam Singhania told reporters after the launch.
Raymonds has two consumer goods brands under the KamaSutra label - KS Condoms and KS Deodorant. A 250-ml KS energy drink comes in two flavours - X-Fruit and X-Berry - and the product is priced at Rs 95.
The company is eyeing 20 per cent market share in the Rs 200-crore energy drinks market that is growing at 33 per cent.
"Our objective is to get 20 per cent market share in this category in the next two years," JK Ansell Director and Business Head Ranju Kumar Mohan said.
JK Ansell is an equal joint venture between Raymond Group and Australia's Ansell International and markets Raymond's consumer goods brands.
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon
- India’s new line that Pak will have to pay for cross-border terror was overdue
- Just how did Pakistan become so central to the definition of Indian patriotism?
- Why AAP needs to go back to school
- Next door Nepal: Detente in Kathmandu
- PM's Balochistan policy: Gameplan, gambit or gamble?