After KamaSutra condoms, Raymonds enters energy drink space
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Textile firm Raymonds' consumer good brand KamaSutra forayed into the energy drink category, where it is eyeing 20 per cent market share in the next two years.
"We wanted the energy drink, KS E Drink, launched in a different space. We have positioned it differently. Everybody else is in the sporting arena. We believe there is a huge market for this because the brand identity of KamaSutra and the opportunity to scale that up is huge," Raymond Chairman and MD Gautam Singhania told reporters after the launch.
Raymonds has two consumer goods brands under the KamaSutra label - KS Condoms and KS Deodorant. A 250-ml KS energy drink comes in two flavours - X-Fruit and X-Berry - and the product is priced at Rs 95.
The company is eyeing 20 per cent market share in the Rs 200-crore energy drinks market that is growing at 33 per cent.
"Our objective is to get 20 per cent market share in this category in the next two years," JK Ansell Director and Business Head Ranju Kumar Mohan said.
JK Ansell is an equal joint venture between Raymond Group and Australia's Ansell International and markets Raymond's consumer goods brands.