Man held for clicking Finance Minister Chidambaram's photos
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
A 34-year-old man has been taken into custody for questioning after he was seen taking pictures of Finance Minister P Chidambaram at the airport in Chennai, airport sources said on Wednesday.
They said Amir was seen taking pictures of the minister, who left for New Delhi yesterday, using his camera. Amir had confirmed first-class tickets to Delhi and from there to Dubai.
Initial probe revealed that Amir was one among two persons detained last month by CISF personnel for reportedly giving contradicting replies at the airport.
Earlier, Amir along with Mansoor, hailing from Kerala, were detained after they wanted to get off the Dreamliner aircraft ahead of its flight to Delhi. The duo reportedly gave contradictory replies when CISF sought an explanation for cancelling their journey at the last minute.
An inquiry is underway as to why he opted for a long trip to Dubai when there are direct flights available from Thiruvanathapuram and Kochi respectively to Dubai, they said.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it