After much prevarication, police arrest Akbaruddin Owaisi for inflammatory, hate speeches
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
Police have already intensified security arrangements in the city, particularly in Old City--a stronghold of MIM Party, by deploying additional forces as a precautionary measure.
Earlier in the day, a police escort team reached the MLA's house at Banjara Hills and took him to Gandhi Hospital here after the Nirmal rural police issued a notice to Akbaruddin to make himself present for the medical examination.
kbaruddin has already been issued notices to appear before Nizamabad Police today and also before the Osmania University Police on January 10 in connection with the further probe into the cases registered against him.
Owaisi has approached the Andhra Pradesh High court seeking to quash all the FIRs registered against him at different police stations in the state.
Tension prevailed outside the Hospital as scores of supporters of Owaisi assembled near the premises and raised anti-government slogans.
Additional security forces were also deployed in parts of the Old City as a precautionary measure following speculation that Owaisi would be arrested after his medical tests.
Gandhi Hospital Superintendent Dr S Mahbub said medical examination of Akbaruddin was conducted by a team of five doctors.
"A bullet is there on the lower side of his back," the medical superintendent said. A rival group had attacked Akbaruddin in April 2011 over a land dispute issue in Barkas
area here. He had sustained bullet injuries in the attack.
Meanwhile, protests and demonstrations continued by BJP workers and VHP members at Indira Park and Alwal here and in Adilabad and Nizamabad districts demanding immediate arrest of Owaisi.
* After much dilly-dallying, Hyderabad Police finally arrest Akbaruddin Owaisi for hate speeches
* Owaisi arrested for making provocative, communally inflammatory speeches
* Akbaruddin Owaisi medical report says hernia pain present
* Owaisi has bullet lodged in thigh that has affected other organs