After party, 24-year-old student falls to death in Noida mall
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
It was an accident, friends being questioned, CCTV footage under review, say police.
A 24-year-old BTech student fell to his death from the third floor of Great India Place Mall in Noida Sector 18 on Monday night. A senior police officer said the man has been identified as Shashank Shekhar (24), a student at Galgotias University.
He had gone to the mall to party with friends from the college. The officer said the incident took place around 10.30 pm on Monday.
"He was on his way out of the mall when he fell from the third floor, near the escalator close to gate number 2. His friends rushed him to Kailash Hospital, but he was declared brought dead. Shekhar used to live in a hostel near his university in Greater Noida, while his family is in Patna. His family has been informed," a senior officer said.
Yogesh Singh, Superintendent of Police (City) said CCTV footage available with the mall has been handed over and the police are reviewing it.
"We have also taken fingerprints from the scene of the incident and are questioning friends who went with him.
Prima facie, it seems like an accidental death and we have ruled out suggestions of somebody pushing him. Beyond that, it is too premature to say anything. We have requested doctors for a medical report," Singh said.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held