After party, 24-year-old student falls to death in Noida mall
It was an accident, friends being questioned, CCTV footage under review, say police.
A 24-year-old BTech student fell to his death from the third floor of Great India Place Mall in Noida Sector 18 on Monday night. A senior police officer said the man has been identified as Shashank Shekhar (24), a student at Galgotias University.
He had gone to the mall to party with friends from the college. The officer said the incident took place around 10.30 pm on Monday.
"He was on his way out of the mall when he fell from the third floor, near the escalator close to gate number 2. His friends rushed him to Kailash Hospital, but he was declared brought dead. Shekhar used to live in a hostel near his university in Greater Noida, while his family is in Patna. His family has been informed," a senior officer said.
Yogesh Singh, Superintendent of Police (City) said CCTV footage available with the mall has been handed over and the police are reviewing it.
"We have also taken fingerprints from the scene of the incident and are questioning friends who went with him.
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment
- Now that Bihar’s women have voted, what about their economic rights?
- Sedition and political speech
- Indian channels have a lot to learn from the international coverage of 13/11
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia