After promising her job, couple brutalise Bengal woman, held
- Election Live: BJP in damage control mode, Rudy to meet Uddhav to fine tune alliance with Sena
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
In yet another case of heinous crime against women, a 20-year-old brought to the city with the promise of a job as a domestic help, was allegedly sexually assaulted and brutalized by a live-in couple late on Wednesday. The accused also video-recorded the sexual assault.
Sources in the hospital, where a medical examination was done on the victim, said that she was physically brutalised with one the accused having allegedly inserted a badminton racquet in her private part.
The accused, Naresh (32) and Seema (36) who live in Sector 41, were Thursday arrested on charges of sexual assault, wrongful confinement and human trafficking. As per the police sources, they had brought the victim, originally a resident of West Bengal, from Delhi on Wednesday having promised her a job as a domestic help at their residence.
In her complaint to the police, the victim alleged that both Naresh and Seema sexually assaulted her and indulged in physical brutalities. Seema has been accused of helping Naresh in confining the victim and videographing the sexual assault.
The victim on Thursday tried to escape from the Sector 41 house and fell from the first floor in the process.
Following this, the police were called in and a case was registered.
"I had come from my native village in West Bengal to Delhi to spend some time with my brother. He then sent me to this place to work as a domestic help. But, the couple tried to rape me last night. When I retaliated, I was beaten up and was sexually assaulted," the victim reportedly told the police.
Chandigarh SSP Naunihal Singh, said, "This is not a case of rape but that of serious molestation. The details will be confirmed only after results of the medical examination are in."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express