After Shah Rukh Khan, it is Preity Zinta questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Centre slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 2; Delhi rates go up due to VAT
- PM Modi launches Skill India, says war against poverty will be won
- Indian Army says drone shot down by Pak not its
- CBI arrests Karnataka Congress MLA Anil Lad in illegal mining case
- Swati Maliwal not even remotely connected to me: Kejriwal on DCW row
Bollywood stars have always had run-ins with the law. The latest we hear is that Preity Zinta was questioned by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). This came when certain irregularities in the conduct of the second season of the Indian Premier League were noticed. The ED has since recorded the statement of Preity, who is the co-owner of Kings XI Punjab, which went on for over 4 hours.
Apparently, the ED had reports which said that ill-gotten money flowed into the T-20 tournament from foreign tax havens. The second edition of the tournament which came under the scanner also led to the sacking of the then commissioner Lalit Modi for alleged financial irregularities in the organisation of the tournament.
Apart from Preity, the former BCCI president Shashank Manohar, cricketer Ravi Shastri, who were on the IPL governing council, besides actor and Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner Shah Rukh Khan, had earlier been questioned in connection with alleged irregularities in conduct of IPL-2 held in South Africa.