After Shah Rukh Khan, it is Preity Zinta questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
Bollywood stars have always had run-ins with the law. The latest we hear is that Preity Zinta was questioned by the Enforcement Directorate (ED). This came when certain irregularities in the conduct of the second season of the Indian Premier League were noticed. The ED has since recorded the statement of Preity, who is the co-owner of Kings XI Punjab, which went on for over 4 hours.
Apparently, the ED had reports which said that ill-gotten money flowed into the T-20 tournament from foreign tax havens. The second edition of the tournament which came under the scanner also led to the sacking of the then commissioner Lalit Modi for alleged financial irregularities in the organisation of the tournament.