After shooting down gold, Sanjeev Rajput aims to erase flaws
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
It only took Sanjeev Rajput a couple of minutes to analyse his flaws after the end of the final match of three position event in the 57th National Shooting Championship on Monday. Rajput had just obliterated an eight-man field that included Gagan Narang. After numerous congratulatory hugs from fellow shooters and officials, and a few poses with young NCC cadets. The Navyman, though happy, pointed that he was a bit disappointed in the way he shot in the 45-shot final.
"I did not do well in the standing position. I have to rectify this," Rajput said after bagging the gold ahead of Narang with a clear lead of 7.5 points - Rajput totalled 456.1 points to Narang's 448.6. The Army's Chain Singh won bronze shooting 437.1.
Rajput, who doesn't have the luxury to call on a coach for guidance, will need to call on an illustrious friend in the field of sport shooting, if he is to iron out his flaws.
Not many can call the reigning Olympic champion Niccolo Campriani, who won the three positions gold as well as the silver medal in 10m air rifle at the London Olympics, a trusted friend and guide. Apart from the Italian, the Navyman can also call on the services — over a long phone conversation — of Serbian Nemanja Mirosavljev, who had won bronze in 2010 World Championships.
"I don't have a coach but I can call up few international shooters to get over my mistakes. I call Nemanja and Niccolo sometimes," he added.
But overall, he was satisfied with the end result. His qualification score of 1174 after three rounds of Kneeling, Prone and Standing, was also miles ahead of second placed Narang who could only muster 1159 points.
"I have been shooting well since the Granada World Cup (in July), where I shot 1173. At the Tehran Asian Airgun Championship, I had shot 1172 during the qualifications. So yes, I have gotten back to good scores in the latter part of this year," he explained. "Today's score is a base score. I need to get a coach that would use this and try to help me get better."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express