After success at home, Indian docs take battle against polio abroad
- Narendra Modi govt clears projects but where are the orders?
- Markets lower expectations: Analysts re-rate mid-term forecast for stock market indices
- AAP rebels get the boot but it’s Ashish Khetan kicking and screaming
- Crew have ‘verbally’ admitted they are Pak nationals: Coast Guard
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
Panipat anaesthetist Dr Sunil Mehta said the message the fortnight-long surgical workshop hoped to convey was about the need to save future generations from polio.
Doctors from Pune, Mumbai and Chandigarh too are part of the medical mission. Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad has applauded the initiative and told the doctors that people and community participation was critical to the success of international and domestic efforts to eradicate polio.