Asteroid to come close to earth on Feb 15
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- JuD chief Hafiz Saeed: Hindus safe in Pakistan unlike Muslims in Gujarat
- In this TN seat, Cong, BJP and AAP take centrestage
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
An asteroid will come close to the earth on February 15, according to Birla Science Centre here.
"This is the first near-earth asteroid to pass so close to the earth", said B M Birla Science Centre Director Dr B G Sidharth said in a release here.
The asteroid '2012 DA 14' measures about 50 metres and would swoop to about 27,000 km near earth or roughly about one tenth the distance to moon, he said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready