After triple ton, his bats too pile up
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Investigators suspect hijack, exploring all possibilities
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Media sold out to Modi, will jail them if we form govt, warns Kejriwal
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
Suresh Raina gifts Kedar Jadhav a bat after his 327 for ranji match
Kedar Jadhav has racked up quite a collection of bats. The latest addition for the explosive right-handed batsman has come from Suresh Raina, after his thundering triple century in Maharashtra's Ranji Trophy opener against Uttar Pradesh, which ended in a draw on Monday.
Jadhav, who scored 327 runs in Maharashtra's first innings, said he was now quite used to players from opposition teams gifting him bats.
"After the end of the day's play, Raina was batting in the nets. After his practice session, he came to meet and congratulate me on my triple ton. He gave me his bat and told me that it was a special gift from him on the occasion of my triple century," said Jadhav.
Jadhav was also presented with a bat by ace batsman Virender Sehwag during his time with the IPL team, Delhi Daredevils, during the third edition of the domestic T20 competition in 2010. "Immediately after I had scored a 29-ball 50 for the Daredevils, Viru had signed one of his bats and presented it to me. It was definitely a very special occasion for me because he is one of my idols," he said.
Jadhav also has a bat gifted to him by Indian opener Gautam Gambhir. "International players do show their appreciation by gifting bats to players and I think it's a really nice gesture on their parts. It definitely motivates me to go and challenge for higher glories and rack up more runs," he said.
Maharashtra coach Dermot Reeve said the bat presented to Jadhav by Raina and the bat that the batsman used to score his triple hundred would be auctioned and the proceeds would be donated to a charity organisation for children in Maharashtra at a later date.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy