After 'Vicky Donor', Ayushmann bags John's 'Hamara Bajaj'
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR struggle in modest chase against SRH
Ayushmann is making his acting debut in Bollywood with Vicky Donor, directed by Shoojit Sircar. He plays the central character in the story, based on the concept of sperm donation and infertility.
Now in 'Hamaara Bajaj', he would be playing the role of a young man called Sanjay Bajaj who is a struggling actor.
"There is a two film contract and I have signed my next film with Soojit Sircar and John. It is a story of a small time struggling actor called Sanjay Bajaj and that is why the title 'Hamara Bajaj'. It is a drama about a small time guy, who wants to be an actor and eventually becomes a star. But there are challenges," said Ayushmann.
The shooting for 'Hamara Bajaj' would begin in December 2012. "But this ('Hamara Bajaj') will practically be my third film because I have ten months in between so I may do another movie. I am reading scripts and taking time. I have taken four years for my debut film, so I am in no hurry," Ayushmann said.
In 'Vicky Donor' Ayushmann, essays a Punjabi cricket player cum sperm donor in love with a Bengali girl, played by television actress Yami Gautam.
Not only is this his acting debut, but also his introduction as a singer for a number in the film. Little did he know that an impromptu song he wrote in college would now mark his musical debut.
Ayushmann has composed and even penned the lyrics of the song titled, 'Paani Da Rang'. The song is a Punjabi ballad that he had written while he was in college.
"I wrote this song with a friend of mine. We were looking for a perfect launch pad. I used to take classical training as a kid.. that inclination towards music is from family as they love music. If I do more films, I will sing for myself, I write (lyrics) also. I did that, I write poems in Hindi," Ayushmann said.
- L-G green light for proposal to make helmets mandatory for women
- Ready for elections: Parties
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post