Afzal Guru execution disappointing: Mehbooba Mufti
- Vehicles set ablaze in Kolkata suburb after death of councillor's brother
- Srinagar on edge as Masarat Alam is arrested before Tral protest
- Yechury says Modi's frequent foreign trips to make up for years of not being able to fly
- After Manmohan's listless rule, Modi eager to leave a mark: TIME magazine
- VIDEO: The only Indian civilian to have done aerobatics on a Sukhoi
Condemning the use of force on protesters at various places, especially in Baramulla district, Mehbooba said the government has once again exposed its "trigger happy" nature. She said many have been wounded in police action and reportedly about a dozen of them have sustained bullet injuries.
"Contrary to elsewhere in the country, in Kashmir, bullet seems to be the preferred weapon of the forces which unfortunately contributes to cynicism, alienation and anger apart from killing, maiming and disabling countless people trying to use their democratic right to protest," she added.