Afzal Guru family turns defiant, says will go to Tihar Jail only for body
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police on Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Narendra Modi's candidature in Varanasi
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
Asked about Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde's statement that the government can consider allowing the family to offer 'fatiha' (prayer) on Afzal's grave, Yasin said it was of no use.
"Where will we offer faitha? We want to bury him here(in Sopore)," he said.
He termed as "cruel joke" the letter received yesterday from Tihar Jail authorities informing the family about Afzal's hanging.
"The arrival of the letter yesterday was like rubbing salt into open wounds of the family...the wounds which may never heal," Yasin said.
He alleged that the leaders of the country were playing politics over the death of Afzal.
"Afzal was hanged -- rightly or wrongly, we don't want to go into that -- but politicians should stop playing politics," he said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota