Afzal Guru family turns defiant, says will go to Tihar Jail only for body
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Asked about Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde's statement that the government can consider allowing the family to offer 'fatiha' (prayer) on Afzal's grave, Yasin said it was of no use.
"Where will we offer faitha? We want to bury him here(in Sopore)," he said.
He termed as "cruel joke" the letter received yesterday from Tihar Jail authorities informing the family about Afzal's hanging.
"The arrival of the letter yesterday was like rubbing salt into open wounds of the family...the wounds which may never heal," Yasin said.
He alleged that the leaders of the country were playing politics over the death of Afzal.
"Afzal was hanged -- rightly or wrongly, we don't want to go into that -- but politicians should stop playing politics," he said.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express