Afzal Guru Hanged: Security tightened in national capital
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
A tight security was in place across the city today to ensure that no untoward incident take place in the wake of hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
All the police stations in the city were put on high alert, police sources said.
Additional deployment of forces has been made in minority dominated areas across the city, they said.
Patrolling is being intensified in crowded market areas, railway stations and bus terminals as part of efforts to tighten security.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Guru was hanged at 8 AM.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress