Afzal Guru Hanged: Security tightened in national capital
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
A tight security was in place across the city today to ensure that no untoward incident take place in the wake of hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
All the police stations in the city were put on high alert, police sources said.
Additional deployment of forces has been made in minority dominated areas across the city, they said.
Patrolling is being intensified in crowded market areas, railway stations and bus terminals as part of efforts to tighten security.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Guru was hanged at 8 AM.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might