Afzal Guru Hanged: Security tightened in national capital
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
A tight security was in place across the city today to ensure that no untoward incident take place in the wake of hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
All the police stations in the city were put on high alert, police sources said.
Additional deployment of forces has been made in minority dominated areas across the city, they said.
Patrolling is being intensified in crowded market areas, railway stations and bus terminals as part of efforts to tighten security.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Guru was hanged at 8 AM.