Afzal Guru Hanged: Security tightened in national capital
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
A tight security was in place across the city today to ensure that no untoward incident take place in the wake of hanging of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
All the police stations in the city were put on high alert, police sources said.
Additional deployment of forces has been made in minority dominated areas across the city, they said.
Patrolling is being intensified in crowded market areas, railway stations and bus terminals as part of efforts to tighten security.
Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said Guru was hanged at 8 AM.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it