Afzal Guru hanging: J-K police advises paramilitary forces not to carry firearms
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Jammu and Kashmir police has issued an advisory to paramilitary forces not to carry firearms during law and order duties in the Valley to prevent any fatalities.
Highly placed sources said the state police issued the advisory to paramilitary forces not to carry firearms in wake of the firing incident at Watergam in Baramulla district."The advisory was issued to ensure that there is no loss of life while dealing with law and order situations," the sources said.
One youth was killed and four other were injured in the firing incident at Watergam on Sunday. A case has been registered against 92 battalion CRPF in connection with the firing incident in Dangiwacha police station.
Senior police officials refused to comment on the advisory. CRPF officers, including the Public Relations Officer Sudhir Kumar, were not available for comment. The CRPF was blamed for most of the 120 deaths that tookm place during the five-month summer unrest in the Valley.